Today’s letter is B for the Blogging A to Z challenge, so I’m going to write about my favorite “B” (and also my favorite “R”) in the worlds — my daughter Becky. By the way, before she was born, I insisted she would never be called Becky — she would always be called Rebekah. You can see how far I got with that. So I’m going to share some of my favorite stories and Beck-isms today!
- Becky started sleeping through the night when she was only 6 weeks old.
- She loved to have me push her on the swing in our backyard and she would say, “Sing Hontan to me.” She loved the song “Colors of the Wind” from Pocahontas (or Hontan, as Becky said) and she wanted me to sing it every time she was in her swing.
- She also relentlessly asked for “Little Bunny Foo Foo” when she was little, too.
- She once found a caterpillar in the yard and proceeded to make friends with it. She pulled it around in her wagon and talked to it. She put it on a swing and pushed the swing. Then she said, “Swing with me!” And promptly sat down on it on the swing.
- My mother had the privilege of seeing Becky’s prized collection of ladybugs — a jewelry box filled with dead ladybugs. Still don’t know if they were dead or alive when they were collected.
- She would stand at the top of the stairs and call down, “Mom, I’m not doing anything up here!” Which would prompt an immediate investigation.
- She would also stand with her hands behind her back and inform me, “Mom, I don’t have anything behind my back.” Which would also prompt an quick investigation.
- Elbow = Ebbow
- Thumb = Bum
- Remote = Marote
- Tweezers = Tweezlers
- Versing, as in, “Hey Dad, who are the Blackhawks versing tonight?”
My daughter has grown into quite a beautiful young woman — beautiful on the inside and the outside. Despite her upbringing. How lucky am I?
You love for your daughter just pours out of this post.
Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
What a great tribute to your amazing daughter! I can tell you have such a close relationship with her!
Aw, how sweet! ❤ Loved all the little touches. I was a bit scared as I read it, thinking this was a tribute to someone who had died! *phew* So glad that is not the case.
What a lovely post! My favorite part is about finding the ladybug collection 🙂
Brand new follower here, dropping by from A to Z.
Nice to meet you!
2015 A to Z Challenge Co-Host
Matthew MacNish from The QQQE